The Story We Tell About Poverty Isn't True
Thought-Provoking Video Questions for Discussion:
1. What stories do you feel we tell about poverty in America?
2. Do we tell different stories about poverty in America than we do poverty in developing nations?
3. If so, why do you think that is?
4. What stories exist about poor people that keep us from seeing them as they really are?
5. What stories do you believe about those in poverty?
6. Did this TED talk challenge any assumptions that you hold about those living in poverty?
7. How can we work to transform the ways we think about poverty and the stories we tell about it?
8. How can you elevate the voice of the unheard?