Kinship is You, Me, and a Village Church Saving the Lives of Children Everyone Else Has Forgotten
It’s like the phrase “it takes a village to raise a child." You are part of a village raising children around the world in safe, God-honoring communities. Whether you consider yourself a philanthropist, a contributor, a volunteer, or a prayer warrior, your gifts can transform hearts, souls, and minds. You can restore childhoods and build lasting peace in broken communities.
And just as you want to be a pillar of support as your children or grandchildren grow up, Kinship Homes care about giving their kids strong relationships they can fall back on. That’s why we focus on building into local communities around each Kinship Home. Because it really does “take a village.”
And it starts with you
You are a safety net for orphaned, abandoned, and abused children. Kinship Homes give these children a safe place to live, or maybe just to spend the day while their parents work to provide for them.
You are sharing the Gospel with these children and with their communities. Outreach programs draw local families to church, such as evangelism campaigns, worship concerts, prayer walks, and more.
You are uniting families–physically, spiritually, and emotionally. When Kinship Homes have a well in their front yards, food to distribute among their communities, a medical clinic down the street, classrooms outside, and job opportunity connections, they keep families together so less children are left alone.
Kinship United is in 9 Countries, working with 13 Kinship Ministries, 55 Active Kinship Homes, and Hundreds of Outreach Projects for Thousands of Children.
You helped open a NEW Kinship Home in the Dominican Republic, but they can’t take in more than two girls. Help them finish the work to help more kids!
Kinship United has expanded into Latin America and planted its roots in the Dominican Republic! Since October 2015, the growth we have seen is incredible:
- Pastor Kelvin and his wife, Milka, have stepped into their role as parents of children in the surrounding villages who have lost their parents or have parents unable or unwilling to care for them.
- Pastor Kelvin and his ministry are dedicated to community outreach and serve the community on a daily basis through food distribution and village evangelism.
- We would love to see a medical clinic built into the home. What’s exciting about this dream for the home is that the space is already available AND Pastor Kelvin’s wife is a doctor!
The Cayacoa Kinship Home needs your help to grow. There is more work to be done around the home before they can fully pass inspection and bring in more kids. Will you consider a gift to the Cayacoa Kinship Home and commit to praying for them?
Sixteen Orphans Have a Home in Pakistan, but They Only Have Two Beds
Kinship United recently partnered with a Christian ministry in Pakistan to rescue and care for orphans and widows living in Youhanabad, Lahore.
- Fourteen of the children living in the Kinship Home lost their parents in terror attacks on Christian churches by Islamic extremists.
- The home desperately needs beds and kitchen supplies.
- The ministry is committed to making Disciples of Christ, despite the obvious risks of living in a nation overwhelmingly dominated by Islamic practice and law.
You can support the Lahore Kinship Home with a monthly gift. They need $1,500 per month, and appreciate your prayers! Will you make a monthly gift to help support this home and shape a Christian generation in Pakistan?
How YOU Can Help in 2016
Become a Monthly Partner for just $50 per month!
Does your heart long to rescue orphans and give them the comfort they deserve? A gift of $50/month will give a child the safety and love of a family in a Kinship Home.
Do you want to save lives and share the Gospel?
Do you feel for the pastor who wishes he could buy shoes for the boy living down the street? Your gift will give him the resources to reach his community and share the love of Christ.
Provide live-saving medical care!
Only handfuls of people per week are receiving medical care in Kenya, Burkina Faso, or the Dominican Republic. You can help these clinics reach more people by getting them life-saving medicine. Just $25 can save a life.